** This weekend, the Small Press Expo is being held in Bethesda, Md. Here are the various ways you can follow SPX online:
** SPX announces that Nickelodeon is sponsoring this year's show around the Washington DC vicinity.
** As well as the happenings this weekend, SPX is also sponsoring events all month long.
** Comixology is having an SPX focused sale. Amazon has a feature page up highlighting a lot of great books. If your local comic shop hasn't stocked up on some great indie and alternative comics, this is a great way to experience the work.
** Want to know who's going to be at SPX this year? Here's the exhibitor list.
** The Ignatz Awards are Friday night. Here's the list of nominees.
- Guy Thomas reviewed Emily Carroll's Through the Woods
- Rob Kirby reviewed Jillian Tamaki's SuperMutant Magic Academy (at TCJ)
- Whit T. interviewed Noah Van Sciver about his Saint Cole
- AJ M. reviewed Hubert and Kerascoët's Beauty
- Rob M. previewed Walter Scott's Wendy and then reviewed it as well.
- Whit Taylor reviewed Dash Shaw's The Doctors, AJ M. looked at the coloring in the book and Rob M. named it as one of the best speculative fiction comics of 2014.
- Scott C. reviewed Jillian Tamaki's Frontier #7
- Rob M. encouraged you to help fund Georgia Webber's series Dumb
- Scott C. reviewed Jason Little's Borb
- AJ M. reviewed John Pham's Epoxy #5
- Maia K. reviewed Blue Delliquanti's Oh Human Star and Rob M. highlighted the Kickstarter for it.
** And do you want to know who to check out this weekend or what books you need to be looking for? Here's our SPX Spotlight coverage from the last couple of weeks.
- The Little Red Fish #2 by James Moffitt and Bizhan Khodabandeh
- Claire Connelly
- Kevin Budnik
- Carla Speed McNeil
- Cyber Realm by Wren McDonald
- March Book 2 by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell
- Andy Warner
- Danielle Corsetto
- Box Brown
- Fante Bukowski by Noah Van Sciver
- Cartozia Tales
- Monica Gallgher
- Valley of the Silk Sky by Dylan Edwards
- Rachel Dukes
- Christine Skelly
- Michael DeForge
- What's Your Sign, Girl? edited by Rob Kirby
- Isabella Rotman
- Andrew MacLean
- Molly Ostertag
- Pranas T. Naujokaitis
** Sequential State has a fantastic rundown of 10 debut books at SPX. Bleeding Cool previews some comics by Cary Pietsch.
** The Washington Post has had some good coverage of their hometown show.
- The Small Press Expo salutes a new wave of indie comic artists in its 21st edition
- SPX 2015: Hark! Kate Beaton steers an artfully smart new book, ‘Step Aside Pops’
- SPX 2015: Why Ted Rall felt compelled to tell ‘Snowden’s’ cartoon tale
** Support the Comic Book Legal Defence Fund at SPX and meet some cool creators.