What do you do with that brand new tablet you're getting (or got) for the holidays? Well, first take it out of the box. Works better that way.
The second thing you do is download the Comixology app, so that you can grab digital comics. Once you're there, if you're an indie fan, make sure you check out the Comixology Submit 50% off sale.
There are over 1,000 comics in this sale, pretty much everything that's ever been placed on Submit since the program started. I'm not even going to begin to try to name them all, but here's some things you can find there. Please don't take this as a complete list, it's not even close, ok? I just picked some of the featured titles as a sample.
- Rich Barrett's Nathan Sorry, which I reviewed here.
- Kel McDonald and Co's Cautionary Fables and Fairy Tales Africa Edition, which I reviewed here.
- Rachel Deering's Anathema, which I reviewed here and here.
- Leia Weathington and Co's Bold Riley, which I reviewed here.
- Merrick the Sensational Elephantman, which James reviewed here.
- Box Brown's Number 1 and Number 2. James talked about the second one here.
- Tom Hart's Daddy Lightning, which I reviewed here.
- Tim Gibson's Moth City, which I reviewed here.
In addition, some other books of interest include:
- Becky Cloonan's minis, such as Wolves, Mire, and Demeter.
- The Smut Peddler anthology, which features friendly, positive porn from a lot of Panel Patter favorites, including Erika Moen, Jess Fink, Kel McDonald, Blue Delliquanti, Leia Weathington, and more, with Spike Trotman as participant and editor.
- Cautionary Fables and Fairy Tales Vol 1, the European edition, also from Kel McDonald and co.
- Spike Trotman's Sleep of Reason horror anthology, which I'm hoping to review soon. Participants include Trotman, Brittney Sabo, Evan Dahm, Meg Gandy, Rachel Ediden, Kel McDonald, Meg Gandy, and many others.
- Panel Pal Aaron Duran and Co's Le Brujeria.
As you can see, you could easily drop an entire gift card's worth of cash just on the ones I know of from the first page alone. My suggestion is get some of these (natch) but then budget maybe $5 or so to pick a few things at random. You never know what surprise indie book is going to be your new favorite!
No matter what you do, make sure you do it fast. This sale ends January 1st! Happy hunting!